For Christmas, my mom asked for new wall decor for her bedroom that had a rustic feel to it. I ended up making her two projects that I think you would really enjoy making too. The first is this American Flag made with an old picture frame and fabric. The second piece is two hanging flower pots. I hope to get the DIY instructions for that projects up on this site soon, and when I do I will put the link to it at the bottom of this post.
The instructional video for this craft can be seen here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcIWyB0Bg2o.
Below I have listed the supplies I used, where I found them, and their price,
- Picture Frame, Goodwill, $7.99
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
- Wooden Strip 1/2 inch wide (I bought 3 but only used 2), Joann Fabrics, around $1.99
- Scissors (I would recommend using fabric scissors)
- Blue with Stars, Craft World Outlet, $0.75
- Red With Stripes, Craft World Outlet, $1.00
- Paint Brushes, Walmart, $2.97
- Acrylic Paint (Colors: White, Acrylic White, and one to match your frame), Walmart, $0.50
- Sand Paper
I got the idea for this project after seeing the fabric on sale at the craft store. I initially wanted to put the fabric in a window frame but I couldn’t find one that I wanted to use. I decided to make something that looked like a window frame using the picture frame and the wooden sticks.
I hope you enjoy watching this DIY video and have fun making your own American Flag wall decor.